Brandon Mecham, DPMBoard Qualified in Foot Surgery / Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
Dr. Brandon Mecham is Board Qualified in Foot Surgery as well as Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery with the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. Born and raised in Mesa, he completed his undergraduate studies at Arizona State University and then went on to attend the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine where he graduated at the top of his class. He completed a 3-year surgical residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center where he served as chief resident and received advanced training in trauma and reconstructive surgery, sports medicine, arthroscopy, external fixation and diabetic care and limb salvage. He is currently working on a research project involving innovative techniques for treating chronic, painful neuropathy.
His focus is on the correction of the underlying problem as a way to relieve painful symptoms. He believes that early detection treatment is the key to faster and better outcomes, wanting to get you back to everyday activities as soon as possible. He is excited to be back home practicing in the Valley.
- Doctorate Podiatric Medicine, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, 2011
- Interdisciplinary Studies, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Foot and Ankle Division, 2011-2014
- Board Qualified – American Board of foot and Ankle Surgery, July 2014
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
- Co-Valedictorian, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Class of 2011
- Presidential Scholarship, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, 2007-2011
- Pi Delta National Honor Society
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
- Arizona Podiatric Medical Association
Research and Publications
- Biodynamics of Hallux Abductovalgus Etiology and Pre-operative Evaluation, Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery – Burns, P. Mecham B.
- Open Subtalar Joint Dislocation with Associated Talar Body Fracture, American Podiatric Medical Association News – Mecham B.
- Article Summaries, Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 2009 – Mecham B.